.NET Documentation Tool
The .NET Documentation Tool creates documentation from .NET Framework (C# and VB.NET) source code.
Hundreds of organisations worldwide have come to depend on this useful tool to quickly document their .NET application source code.
- Huge time saver compared to generating documentation by hand.
- Supports both VB.NET and C# source code.
- Documents all types of .NET application, including Windows Forms, Console Applications, Class Libraries and ASP.NET web applications.
- Documentation created in a number of output formats.
- Supports the XML Comments standards as used by both C# and VB.NET.
- Documentation includes the project’s colour coded, syntax highlighted, cross-referenced and line numbered source code.
- Also documents SQL Server and Microsoft Access databases that are associated with a .NET application.
- The tool contains a graphical user interface, but may also be run from the command line.
- An ideal alternative to NDoc, which is no longer in active development.
Below are some samples created from a number of .NET projects:
- SampleWeb.NET (ASP.NET in VB and C#): [HTML] [Text] [HTML Help – Full, Class Browser]
- SQL Documentation Tool (VB.NET Windows Form project): [HTML] [Text] [HTML Help]
- DBCommander (C# Windows Form project) [HTML] [Text] [HTML Help]
RTF and XML Documentation Samples
- These are linked from the bottom right hand frame of the HTML reports. A separate RTF and XML file is created for each Namespace within a project.
Problems viewing the documentation?
- If you have problems viewing .chm files on your Windows PC, right click on file, select properties, then click Unlock.
Download the .NET Documentation Tool trial today, and find out just how much time you can save when documenting your own application source code.